GRILLED CHICKEN AND NECTARINE KABOBS
Total time: 45 minutes
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs,
cut into bite-size cubes
- 3 fresh yellow-flesh nectarines, sliced into 1/4 inch-thick pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 2-inch cubes
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, sliced into 2-inch cubes
- 1 large white onion, sliced into 2-inch cubes
- 14 12-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large, shallow container, mix marinade ingredients. Set aside a small amount of marinade to brush on the kabobs while cooking.
- Add chicken to the marinade, turning to coat. Cover the dish and refrigerate, turning the chicken occasionally, for at least 1 hour. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
- Thread the chicken, nectarines, zucchini, bell peppers, and onions onto the skewers.
- Place the kabobs on the grill over medium heat. Cook for 9-11 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with the reserved marinade, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center.