Lemon Parmesan Chicken
Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 ½ pounds boneless chicken breasts or tenders
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup panko
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 8 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 pound asparagus
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Grab three bowls. Add the flour to one bowl.
- In bowl two, combine panko, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, dried parsley, garlic powder, and salt & pepper to taste. Stir.
- In the final bowl, add 1-2 tsp lemon zest, 4-5 tbsp lemon juice, minced garlic, and 5 tbsp melted butter. Stir. Remove 4 tbsp of this mixture and set aside.
- Slice chicken breasts in about 1 ½ inch strips. Coat each strip in flour, heavily dredge in garlic lemon mixture, and then coat in the Parmesan panko mixture.
- Place on prepared sheet pan. Sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning along with the remaining Parmesan panko mixture on the chicken. Bake for 10 minutes and remove.
- Flip chicken to the other side. Place the asparagus alongside chicken and drizzle with the reserved lemon butter sauce. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese over the asparagus and toss with tongs. Place lemon slices over the chicken.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 10-12 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 165°F. Meanwhile, whisk remaining 3 tbsp melted butter, 3 tbsp lemon juice, 1-2 tsp lemon zest, olive oil, and honey in a small bowl. Add some pepper and parsley if desired.
- Remove from the oven and top with the honey lemon mixture and fresh parsley. Enjoy immediately. (Do not top chicken breasts with the honey lemon mixture unless eating immediately and aren’t planning on having leftovers since it will make it soggy.)