PEACH ICE CREAM
Total time: 1 hour
- 12 fresh Trinity Peaches
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 quart half-and-half
- ½ pint whipping cream
- 4 cups peeled, sliced Trinity Peaches
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp peach schnapps
- Peel peaches and remove the pits. Mash the fruit thoroughly.
- In a bowl, combine mashed peaches, sugar and vanilla; stir to blend. Pour into an ice cream maker. Add half-and-half and whipping cream. Process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- To prepare the topping, combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the peaches are soft.
- Serve the ice cream with a spoonful of warm peach topping, if desired.