Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3-5 plums, cored and sliced
- 1/2 tsp flour
- 1/2 cup plum jam
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Vanilla ice cream
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Thaw pastry according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Press brown sugar onto the bottom of a 7-inch round pan. Drizzle with melted butter.
- 4. Place plums in a bowl, sprinkle with flour and toss.
- Microwave jam for 40 seconds, stir and mix with the plums.
- Arrange plums in a close circular pattern on top of the brown sugar.
- Place the pan on the pastry sheet and outline the shape of the pan with a knife. Place the pastry circle on top of the plums. Cut several slits in the dough.
- Brush the pastry top with egg. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Run a small knife around the edges of the pan to loosen the tart. Place a round platter on top of the tart and invert, letting the tart settle onto the platter. Carefully lift the pan and place any loose plums on top of the tart. Serve warm with ice cream and sprig of fresh mint.