PORK CHOPS WITH FRESH CHERRY REDUCTION SAUCE
Total time: 30 minutes
- Kosher sa1t
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 pound fresh large Trinity Cherries
- 1 cup ruby port or oloroso sherry
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp orange blossom honey
- 6 fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Fresh cherry leaves or blossoms, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the grill.
- Lightly season pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Place on the grill and sear on high direct heat for 4 minutes on each side, making a grill-mark pattern. Finish cooking the chops for an additional 6-10 minutes on indirect medium heat, or until the internal temperature is 160°F.
- Stem and pit cherries with a cherry or olive pitter. Place the cherries in a large saucepan and add port, sugar, vinegar and honey. Cook over high heat, stirring slowly until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for approximately 12-15 minutes, or until the cherries are soft but still retain their shape.
- To serve, spoon the cherry mixture on top of the chops. Garnish with mint and cherry leaves or blossoms if available.